Tips for keeping natural nails beautiful
Apr 10, 2018
Watching the home side in the Commonwealth Games can prove to be nail-biting. For those of us wanting beautiful nails, it’s a result we want to avoid. We checked in with Ash Kinghan from Avoca Natural Beauty in Darwin for her red-hot nail tips on how to keep natural nails beautiful.
5 top tips for keeping natural nails beautiful
Ash passed on five great tips for keeping all 20 of your nails beautiful, healthy and strong. She’s included tips for everyday nails and those occasions when you want to dress your nails up too.
- Wear gloves for better nail care when working with your hands, such as when you are gardening or housecleaning, to protect the polish and keep dirt out of your nails. (Frequently immersing hands in hot, soapy water to wash dishes can weaken even strong nails, mostly because this process dries them out along with the rest of the skin on your hands.)
- Wearing nail polish isn’t going to harm your healthy nails, although you probably should give your nails a break periodically. As part of your home manicures, make sure you choose acetone-free nail polish remover when you decide to begin that break.
- The fashion trend is to have neat, more natural-looking, shorter nails and not the long talons of the past. Trimming nails regularly helps you to maintain healthy nails and helps to avoid snagging or breaking.
- Skip the acrylic nails, which ultimately could lead to damage or infections, and be aware that there is a small risk of skin cancer from the UV light that affixes some gel nails
- Try a salon-product biosculpture gel that is UV free, vegan, cruelty-free. It helps keep nails safe from damage and infections as it allows the free flow of air and water through the product, so no nasty fungal build up. It’s a great way to transition to beautiful healthy nails that are also long lasting
More help at hand!
Avoca Natural Beauty in Darwin is open 6 days a week (including two late nights). Contact Ash for an appointment.