Easy ways to enjoy black garlic
Jun 18, 2019
Have you tasted black garlic yet? It’s bang on trend with foodies and it’s not surprising. Black garlic not only does wonders for your immune system, it’s rich in amino acids, has twice the antioxidant levels of white garlic and has powerful healing benefits.
How to enjoy black garlic
Unlike white garlic, black garlic has a sweet and syrupy taste with hints of balsamic or tamarind, and there are oodles of delicious ways to enjoy it:
- Put black garlic on top of pizzas or salads to add a sweet taste.
- Add black garlic to a cheese board or on top of cheese on toast.
- Mash it cloves with soy sauce and chilli for an alternative stir-fry sauce.
- Combine black garlic cloves with cream cheese and herbs for a tasty dip.
- Puree cloves with oil to create a paste, then smear onto chicken or fish before roasting.
- Mash a few cloves into meatball mixtures.
- Dip into melted dark chocolate for a sweet taste sensation.
- Blend cloves with mayo and serve with burgers or chips.
- Add a sprinkle of water to cloves and blend with a good quality olive oil for an alternative salad dressing.
- You can also mix crushed black garlic cloves into a homemade tomato sauce and use with pasta or spread as a sauce base on a pizza.
- Or simply, pop the delicious cloves straight in your mouth.
Black garlic for lovers!
Luca Ferro from Black Garlic NT sells black garlic locally at Malak Marketplace and he has good news for lovers! “Our black garlic products are organic, vegan and gluten free. You can be sure to have a high-quality product in your kitchen,” says Luca, “And the best thing about black garlic? It doesn’t give you typical garlic breath issues, so you can go out after eating it without worrying about bad breath – kissing is never a problem.”